FEMS podcast - Microbes and Us
The Federation of European Microbiological Societies brings to you its own podcast named Microbes and Us. Launched in May 2021 this podcast aims to host insightful conversations with inspiring people from the international microbiology community.
Our FEMS communication gurus, Joseph Shuttleworth and Eleni Koursari, will bring you a monthly episode featuring guests from every corner of the microbial world. Whether you are a scientist, a lover of microbes, or you just want to join in with our fun microbiology community, then this is the podcast for you!
We hope you enjoy these episodes and stay tuned for many more! You can find Microbes and Us on a huge range of podcast platforms: Anchor, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Breaker, Overcast, RadioPublic and very soon avaliable in Castbox.
Our first episodes include:
- Episode 1 | Research, networking and public perception of science with Prof Linda J Kenney
- Episode 2 | When science crosses international boarders – Experience from our Japanese ambassador, Prof. Ken-ichi Yoshida
- Episode 3 | All about the World Microbe Forum, with Dr Jennifer Gardy
- Episode 4 | Life as a research fellow with Elisa Granato, FEMS Early Career Microbiologist Awardee
- Episode 5 | Our Science Communication Awardee Cláudia Godinho talks about International Microorganism Day
- Episode 6 | Six Microbes for International Microorganism Day
- Episode 7 | Antimicrobial Resistance and the R&D Model with Prof. Laura Piddock