Doctoral Researcher (m/f) Influence of the microbiome on Candida colonization and infection, Germany
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – in cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University, the University Hospital Jena and the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology are offering an international graduate training programme. The International Leibniz Research School (ILRS Jena) gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in an ambitious program providing excellent research conditions. We invite applications for a Doctoral Researcher (m/f) on the project “Influence of the microbiome on Candida colonization and infection”.
The candidate has:
- a Master’s degree (or equivalent allowing you to pursue a PhD degree) in Natural or Life Sciences. Research at ILRS is centred around “Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions”. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- an experience in standard molecular biology techniques and cell culture; experience in microbiome analysis and/or animal models is an advantage
- high motivation to join one of the research areas of ILRS
- creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in our lively community
- very good communication skills in English
The three-year Doctoral Researcher position is available starting from June 2018. The position will be financially supported according to TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). HKI is an equal opportunity employer.
The application process is handled exclusively online. Please acquaint yourself with the scientific projects offered on our website. Please note that you can choose up to 3 projects of interest in your application. It is only necessary to fill in the application form for your first preference of projects; the other two projects can be selected in the application form. Successful applicants will be invited to attend a recruitment meeting in Jena (envisaged date: May 24-25, 2018).