Lab Research Assistant - Lubbock, TX, USA
Chromatin, Inc. produces high quality of sorghum hybrids for both traditional agriculture markets and new applications. It provides water usage efficient grain, forage and sweet sorghum seeds to growers and producers who are attracted to the crop’s rapid maturation, high digestibility and nutrient quality, tolerance to heat, cold and drought and high yields.
Job description (Part time student intern position for plant tissue culture)
Chromatin, Inc., a leading innovative sorghum breeding biotechnology and seed company, is seeking highly motivated candidates for a part-time position at the Texas Tech Research Innovation Park
- Assist scientists with sorghum plant tissue culture and transformation related works.
- Activities may include lab organization, prepare chemical solutions and plant tissue culture media, initiate, maintain plant tissue culture materials, routine sub culturing of plant tissues using good sterile technique, DNA extraction, gel electrophoresis, PCR and data recording.
- Background knowledge in plant biology, microbiology or biochemistry.
- Ability to learn quickly and perform repetitive work within a team environment.
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and have the desire to work in laboratory and greenhouse
- Expect to work 25-30 hours/week (hours are flexible).
Full-Time/Part-Time Seasonal Location Chromatin Offices Texas Position Lab Research Assistant Position Requirements Hiring Manager(s)This position is currently accepting applications.
Share this opportunity