Microbial Pathogenesis & Host Response
The meeting will focus on interdisciplinary approaches to study infectious diseases integrating the disciplines of molecular microbiology, eukaryotic cell biology, immunology, and genomics. The meeting will provide an in depth focus on the approaches that are being used to elucidate the mechanisms of bacterial and fungal pathogenesis, and promote the application of these concepts to understanding the evolution of emerging diseases.
Sessions will integrate studies on bacterial and fungal pathogens. The oral sessions will begin with 3-4 invited talks by established leaders in the field, followed by several shorter talks chosen from submitted abstracts. We strongly encourage submission of abstracts by junior researchers in the field.
- Visualizing Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Hosts Responses and Defense
- Nutrition matters: Metabolism and Pathogenesis
- Pathogen – Innate Immune System Interface
- Surfaces and Pathogenesis
- Microbe-microbe Interactions within Hosts