PhD in Terrestrial Ecology: Denmark
The Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, at the University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Terrestrial Ecology on moss-cyanobacteria associations commencing 01.10.2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. The successful applicant will be based at the Terrestrial Ecology Section, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen.
The aim of the project is to identify the climatic (moisture and temperature) and molecular controls of moss-associated nitrogen fixation in samples collected from ecosystems with contrasting climates.
Principal supervisor is Assistant Professor Kathrin Rousk, Department of Biology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is available for a 3-year period and your key tasks as a PhD student at SCIENCE are:
- To manage and carry through your research project
- To attend PhD courses
- To write scientific articles and your PhD thesis
- To teach and disseminate your research
- To stay at an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad
- To work for the department
- Cover Letter (1 page) describing your background, personal qualities, research interests and motivation for applying for this position
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any)
- A short abstract of the MSc thesis
- Full contact details (name, address, telephone & email) of 2 professional referees
The deadline for applications is 20.06.2018 23:59 GMT+2.