Post-doctoral assistant in Biotechnology: Belgium
Ghent University offers a post-doctoral assistant position in Biotechnology.
- you hold a doctoral degree in Applied Biological Sciences, Sciences: Biochemistry and Biotechnology
For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- you have already conducted research within the field of industrial microbiology and fermentation technology, preferably in an applied or industry-oriented framework. Experience with malting and brewery is an advantage
- you have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate
- you are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes
- you may present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated
- adequate knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- at least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the field of brewing and technology of fermentation processes in line with ongoing research topics within the department
- you will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level, specifically you will teach the courses ‘Supplementary biochemistry’ and ‘Biotechnological Project’, and you will give exercises on ‘Brewing Technology’ and ‘Industrial Microbiology’. The courses at bachelor level must be taught in Dutch.
- you will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation
- you will counsel doctoral students
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Godelieve Gheysen, department chair (godelieve.gheysen@UGent.be, +32 9 264 58 88) and Prof. Jessika De Clippeleer, promotor (email@example.com, +32 9 243 24 98).