Postdoc in Microbial Biogeography and Ecology: Czech Republic
Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow. The person will be involved in the projects of the laboratory and perform his/her own research in the biogeography and ecology of terrestrial fungi and the drivers of fungal distribution and community composition using meta-analytical approaches (see https://globalfungi.com).
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
- PhD degree awarded before July 31, 2020 in the field of ecology, microbiology, plant sciences or similar
- Experience in microbial or plant biogeography, ecology, biostatistics or bioinformatics, being active in an institution outside the Czech Republic for at least two out of three years before July 31, 2020.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods and advanced knowledge of the R statistical environment.
- First-authored papers in leading IF journals in the field of biogeography, microbial ecology, plant ecology, plant-microbe interactions, biostatistics or bioinformatics
- Excellence in English
- Motivation for independent scientific work, and, in the same time, the support of projects of others
We offer the work in inspiring and friendly environment of an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, the Czech Republic (see e.g. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr_Baldrian) and access to interesting experiments / datasets produced by the host institution and their collaborators. Gross salary: approximately 3000 USD / month (in CZK), 30 days paid holiday per year.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals who can provide reference.
The preferred starting date is on or soon after November 1, 2020 but at latest until March 31, 2021. The position is offered for two years.
For more information, please contact Petr Baldrian (firstname.lastname@example.org).