Postdoc in RNA therapy: Spain
This is an innovative high-risk, high-reward funded project. The goal is to develop a novel RNA strategy that targets Tau to revert Alzheimer’s disease (also applicable to other diseases). The position requires extensive RNA manipulation to make the constructs. Knowledge of Alzheimer’s is not required. If successful, high impact publications and patents are expected as well as extension of funding.
The project is a collaboration between Dr. Ulrich Müller, at the University of California, San Diego (USA), Dr. Vega Garcia-Escudero, at the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain), and Dr. Albert Garcia-Quintanilla, at the University of Seville (Spain).
CONTRACT: 2 years
ANNUAL GROSS SALARY (AGS): Up to 40,000 € (commensurate with experience) + 1.5% raise the second year
Paid holidays, sick leave, and health insurance included (* FYI: Average AGS in Spain is 26,800 €; Postdoc Average AGS in Spain is 32,200 €).
LOCATION: School of Pharmacy, University of Seville and/or School of Medicine, Autonomous University of Madrid.
- PhD in any related field (molecular biology, biochemistry, virology, immunology, biomedicine, genetics…).
- Hands-on experience in RNA (such as RNA viruses, RDRPs, RNA splicing, transcription, ribozymes, …).
- Fluent English (oral + written). Spanish not mandatory.
- Experience in any of the following techniques is a plus (qRT-PCR, cell culture, Western-blot, flow cytometry, cloning, statistics, bioinformatics, …).
- Critical thinker, motivated, creative, organized, clean worker, pays attention to details, able to multi-task, productive, meets deadlines.
- International candidates are very welcome.
Interested candidates should send their CV by e-mail to Albert Garcia (AlbertGQ1970@us.es) before October 30, 2022. Please, write «RNA Postdoc» in the subject of the message. Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview within 30 days