Postdoc in Microbiome of intestinal tract cancers: The Netherlands
Radboud University Medical Center (Radboudumc) invite applications for a postdoctoral position to investigate the role of the human microbiome in intestinal tract cancers. The candidate will be positioned within the Centre for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics (CMBI), while working in close collaboration with clinicians and researchers who have access to the samples from our hospital.
“Tumors of the Digestive Tract” is a Radboudumc Core Research Theme that integrates members from different departments. Thus, he/she will be part of a cross-disciplinary research team striving to do world-class science and answer questions about the role of the human microbiome in health and disease.
The candidate is an ambitious, self-motivated, and creative postdoctoral researcher with the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences, (Medical) Biology, Medicine, or a relevant other discipline;
- Experience in bioinformatics and/or computational analysis of metagenome data is essential;
- Strong motivation to succeed in scientific research;
- Interest in cancer pathogenesis and the interaction between the microbiome and the human host;
- Independent and well-structured style, demanding high quality of your own work;
- Speak and write English fluently;
- Self-motivated and good communicative skills;
- Recognise herself/himself in the Radboud way of working