Postdoctoral Associate - Gut metabolic syndrome: Rutgers, USA
The School of Environmental and Biological Sciences Rutgers at The State University of New Jersey is looking for a Postdoctoral Associate – Dietary Polyphenols, Gut Microbiome, and Metabolic Syndrome Interface.
Applications are invited for a NIH-funded Postdoctoral Associate position in a multidisciplinary laboratory investigating the relationships between dietary polyphenols, gut microbiota, and intestinal inflammation, with the goal of developing strategies for prevention/management of metabolic syndrome.
- The candidate will work on a collaborative project between Dr. Raskin’s and Dr. Roopchand’s laboratories.
- Experience in microbiology, 16s rRNA gene sequencing and bioinformatics analysis, molecular biology, and analytical chemistry is important.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo models of human disease would be an additional advantage.
- Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a publication record consistent with the position, and an interest in natural products and human health.
- The successful applicant will join a well-established, diverse and collaborative research team, and have access to the resources of a major research university.
Please submit CV, a cover letter describing research interests and career goals, and list of 3 references to: mseskar@SEBS.rutgers.edu
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
The starting date for the position is flexible, but preferably from August 1 – November 1 2017 or until the position is filled.