Postdoctoral position in phytoremediation: USA
The Department of Plant and Microbial Biology at the University of California, Berkeley, has an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral Scholar in Norman Terry’s Phytoremediation Laboratory. The researcher will join a multidisciplinary team that is working on developing effective phytoremediation/bioremediation technologies for the cleanup of a solid waste management site contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons and other chemical pollutants. The appointee will participate in the implementation of plant and microbial research projects at the laboratory, greenhouse and field levels with a view to the development of innovative cleanup technologies under field conditions. Since a large amount of data has already been collected, the ability of the appointee to analyze and write up data for scientific publication is essential.
- PhD or equivalent degree in a field such as plant ecology, physiology/biochemistry, molecular biology, or soil microbiology at the time of application.
- Candidates with demonstrated research experience in microbiology or plant ecology by appointment start date.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in plant and environmental microbiology.
- Experience with publication write up, biostatistics and bioinformatics analysis of next generation sequencing data from microbial community.
- Experience in RT-PCR, soil enzymatic analysis.
- The targeted start date for this position is 1 July 2018.
- The initial appointment is for one year, with renewal based on performance and funding availability.
- This is a full time appointment.
- Interested individuals should include a 1-2 page cover letter outlining research experience, a current CV, and the names and contact information of three references. Letters of reference may be requested for finalists. It is optional to include a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- Questions regarding this recruitment can be directed to Monique Zuniga at email@example.com