Postdoctoral researcher in soil microbiology: Norway
The Department of Soil Quality and Climate Change, of the Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Soil Microbiology. The successful candidate will investigate the effects of new fertilizer products (based on e.g. fish sludge and biochar) on microbial community structures, their functional diversity and metabolic activities.
The position is a full time 3-year position. Office location will be in Ås in Akershus, about 30 km south of Oslo. Research travels to project partners in Europe and field stations in Norway are expected.
- Propose research methods adapted to the goals of the project (under guidance of scientific advisor)
- Study, test and implement the chosen microbiology and molecular-biology methods for the project
- Publish research results
Professional qualifications (required)
- PhD in microbiology / microbial ecology applied to soil
- Publications in ISI journals in the field of soil microbiology
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
Will be evaluated positively
- PhD using recent state-of-the-art methods in molecular biology
- Research experience linking soil microbiology and soil functions
- Experience with agricultural soils
- Fluency in Norwegian, written and spoken
Good communication skills and capacity for team work
Salary and benefits
The position is remunerated according to the Norwegian State Salary Scale as postcoc code 1352, salary grade 59 – 67 (NOK 523.200 – 605.500 per year), commensurate with qualifications and experience. Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which includes a good occupational pension scheme, occupational injury and group life insurance, and low-interest home loans.
Do you need more information?
Contact Head of Department for Soil Quality and Climate Change, Daniel Rasse, phone +47 922 63 608.