As the Events Officer at the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS), you will contribute to our events programme from small summer schools to international meetings across Europe. We are looking for someone with excellent organizational skills, who is passionate about approaching the events experience with the attendee in mind. You are a team player who loves bringing new ideas and best practices to the table and thrives on creating events from concept to delivery on time and on budget. You are up-to-date with meetings industry trends and enjoy anticipating where the events business is headed in the coming years, especially for non-profits. You have the ability to work independently and proactively, and to be confident in communicating with experts, both from the field of microbiology and Meetings Industry. An understanding of microbiology is not necessary, although experience of scientific and academic events would be an advantage as it requires an understanding of the academic community and its culture, and a basic level of scientific literacy. You report to the Events Manager.
- support the the planning and execution of in person and online events ranging in size from 50 to 2000 participants, in line with FEMS strategic objectives
- liaise with suppliers to deliver event logistics and speaker requirements
- connect with internal and external stakeholders to get things done and build collaborations
- a valid EU work permit, living in the Netherlands, with the ability to travel
- 4+ years experience in the events business, organizing large scale meetings and/or exhibitions
- a good and open communicator, able to manage relationships with people from many cultures, ages, backgrounds, nationalities, and perspectives
- excellent fluency in written and spoken English
- experience with CRMs, online event management tools and project management systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- willingness and aptitude to learn new skills, software, and knowledge on the go, and reflect on your own work and output regularly
Application deadline: 4th June
FEMS may select qualified candidates prior to this date. Your cover letter should include your reasons for applying and your relevant experience.