FEMS Early Career Microbiologist Award
We recognize excellence in microbiology and its contribution to society through our high profile awards programme. This Award in particular aims to recognize Early Career Researchers that have realized an excellent body of (published) research and research potential. The nomination can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements.
Who is eligible?
- microbiologists within 5 years of receiving their highest qualification/PhD*
- active in any field of microbiology
- member of a FEMS Member Society
*periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave or illness do not count toward this definition
- The deadline for nomination is 4 weeks before the abstract deadline of the FEMS Congress, which is held every uneven calendar year.
- Following selection by the FEMS Awards Board and approval by the FEMS Directors, FEMS will contact all applicants at least 1 week before the abstract submission deadline of the FEMS Congress.
What does an Awardee receive?
- a free registration and travel grant to attend the FEMS Congress, provided they give an oral presentation (10 minutes) at this Congress
- FEMS will give the awardee recognition by promoting the presentation through its channels