FEMS Meeting Grants
FEMS supports selected meetings within the European Area with a Meeting Grant. Scientific conferences, laboratory workshops and training courses will be considered for such support. The maximum amount of a Meeting Grant is € 15 000.
The Meeting Grant may only be used to support the attendance of:
- Early Career Scientists (minimum of 60% and a maximum of 80% of total grant value) and
- Invited Speakers (minimum of 20% and a maximum of 40% of total grant value)
On special request by the organisers and upon approval by the Grants Secretary, the total grant amount can be used to support young scientists only.
Organisers of events seeking support from FEMS should first inform themselves of the regulations governing FEMS Meeting Grants.
FEMS Business Office should receive the completed application form on or before:
- 1 June 2017 for meetings taking place between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018
- 1 December 2017 for meetings taking place between 1 February 2018 and 31 January 2019
Upon receipt of an application at FEMS Business Office, it is checked for eligibility and completeness. Complete applications are then submitted to the Grants Board. This Board formulates its recommendations to the Executive Committee, which makes the final decision, usually in April of each year. This decision will be communicated to the event organisers soon thereafter.
Browse through our FEMS sponsored meetings calendar
The regulations and application forms are available electronically:
- Meeting Grant Regulations in PDF
- Young Scientist Meeting Grant Application Form template for meeting organizers in PDF
- Young Scientist Meeting Grant Application Form Template for meeting organizers in Word
Review and upcoming changes
At this moment, we are reviewing the Meeting Grants administration which will be slightly modified as per the 2016 grant round. Because of this, the upcoming deadline has moved from 1 March to 1 June and until further notice it is not possible to apply for this grant yet. We will announce the opening of applications on this page and on the News section of this website.