FEMS Industry & Innovation Award
We recognize excellence in microbiology and its contribution to society through our high-profile awards programme. One of FEMS’ main aims is to strengthen connections between academia and industry and support career development for microbiologists in applied microbiology. This Award in particular aims to recognize an an outstanding microbiologist or group of microbiologists with distinguished achievements in the development of products, processes or technologies.
The Prize consists of:
- a certificate
- a monetary prize of € 1000
- free registration to the FEMS Congress (max. 3 if the prize is for a group)
- talk at the FEMS Congress (free accommodation and travel for 1 speaker)
Who is eligible?
The nominee(s) must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in microbiology and have made those accomplishments while working in industry. The company should be based in a country in Europe or in a country with a Member Society federated by FEMS.
- the deadline for nomination is 1 December of every even year (2022, 2024, 2026 etc.).
- following selection by the jury and approval by the FEMS Directors, FEMS will contact the Awardee, latest 1 February of every even year (2023, 2025, 2027 etc.).
How to nominate
A candidate can be nominated by:
- a Delegate of a FEMS Member Society
- a colleague at university
- a colleague from industry (self-nomination is possible)
A nomination should be supported by:
- a nomination letter, describing distinguished achievements in the development of products, processes or technologies
- CV of the nominee
Submit a nomination
If you have all documentation at hand, you can submit directly via the nomination form.
If you wish to be able to save a draft submission, you need a FEMS account. You can create an account here or login with your credentials here. Once logged in to your FEMS profile, you can access the nomination forms for our Awards via this link. You can find the application form at any time within your FEMS account:
- login to your FEMS account
- then under ‘Announcements’ click on the ‘Nominate for an award’ link
- select the Industry & Innovation Award nomination form link
- fill in the form, save your progress and come back to it and once you are ready – Submit
FEMS Microbes is excited to present its latest thematic issue, focusing on bacterial-viral co-infections. Host and microbial factors are critically important for influencing the severity and outcome of infection. Interactions between microbes is an understudied yet important aspect to this process.